Happier Home: Adding Color to a Neutral Spaceon April 21, 2020 at 10:00 am
Spring is the perfect time to bring a fresh happy mood with the decor in your home! The flowers are starting to bloom outside, the sunshine is finally streaming through the trees, it’s all such a delightful season (especially here in the NW, the weather has been ridiculously nice! But even if it isn’t spring yet where you are, there’s HOPE, right?).
I was pouring through a few of my favorite decor books this weekend and got inspired to add more pops of color to my home! (Would you guys want to know some of my current favorite decor books? Let me know, I could post a list!).
A few simple (and flexible!) budget-friendly ways to add more color:
- A stack of colorful books
- A bouquet of flowers or a flower branch from the yard
- Artwork (find free artwork online, use vintage book pages, frame maps or gift wrap, paint your own art, or color in a coloring book and tear out the page to use as art!)
- A bowl of fruit (lemons, limes, or oranges in the kitchen!)
- Hang colorful salad or dessert plates on a wall (stay tuned, I am hanging a new plate wall with these easy hangers!)
- Paint a wall or piece of furniture.
Here are some fun colorful accessories to bring some happy pops of color to a neutral room!
What ways do you like to add color to your home? What colors are your favorites?
More on The Inspired Room:
A Calm Home (While Decorating with Color and Pattern)
Inspired By: Rooms Decorated with Red
How to Find Joy at Home: A Simple Guide